Home » Around the World, Bottom Highlights » Accused Canadian cannibal arrested; will not fight extradition

Accused Canadian cannibal arrested; will not fight extradition

Accused Canadian cannibal arrested; will not fight extradition

Rocco Luka Magnotta

BERLIN (CNN) – Luka Rocco Magnotta, the Canadian porn actor accused of killing and dismembering a man and mailing body parts to politicians, will not fight extradition following his arrest in Germany, a Berlin police official said Tuesday.

Magnotta told a Berlin magistrate that he will return voluntarily to face charges in the death of university student Jun Lin, Chief Supt. Stefan Redlich of the Berlin police said.

The 29-year-old did not make any comment regarding the accusations against him, Redlich said.

Magnotta faces first-degree murder and other charges in last month’s killing of Lin, a 33-year-old Concordia University student from China.

Authorities accuse Magnotta of dismembering Lin and mailing one of his hands and one of his feet to Canadian politicians. Lin’s head and other hand and foot are still missing, Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere, a Montreal police spokesman, said Tuesday.

Police also believe Magnotta shot videos of the death and dismemberment and posted it to the Internet. Authorities have said the video shows Magnotta engaged in sexual acts involving body parts. On Tuesday, Lafreniere told reporters the video also included evidence of cannibalism.



Short URL: http://lgbtweekly.com/?p=25285

Posted by LGBT Weekly on Jun 7, 2012. Filed under Around the World, Bottom Highlights. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Pride Card Deals

LGBT Weekly Digital Magazine

© 2014 LGBT Weekly. All Rights Reserved. Log in - Website by BluSkye Group