GLAAD: President Trump starts erasing LGBTQ Americans in first 100 days (VIDEO)Around the Nation, Breaking News, Top Highlights Friday, April 28th, 2017
From erasing any mentions of LGBTQ Americans from government Web sites to deleting LGBTQ people from the upcoming 2020 U.S. Census, Donald Trump and his administration have proven that they are no friends of LGBTQ Americans and in fact are trying to remove us from the fabric of this nation.
But as the Trump Administration tries to erase LGBTQ Americans, GLAAD and the LGBTQ community have fought back. Here’s how:
1) Minutes after Donald Trump is sworn in as President, the administration apparently found it priority to remove “LGBTQ” from its entire website.
2) GLAAD has spoken out loudly in the press after President Trump nominated what is one of the most anti-LGBTQ cabinets in recent memory.
3) GLAAD exposed and blasted Neil Gorsuch’s past anti-LGBTQ rulings as Donald Trump nominated him to be the next United States Supreme Court Associate Justice.
4) GLAAD leaked Trump’s secret plan to use religion to discriminate against LGBTQ Americans to ABC News, causing the administration to retract the executive order.
5) GLAAD hit back on the Trump Administration’s attempt to erase LGBTQ Americans from the fabric of this nation. This includes the removal from the 2020 U.S. Census and the elimination of LGBTQ seniors from medical surveys.
6) Hearing reports of attacks on LGBTQ men and possible concentration camps created by Russian-controlled Chechnya, GLAAD executed a social media campaign calling on the Trump Administration, including United States Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, to condemn these horrific reports.
7) GLAAD unearthed unedited and unaltered audio, which revealed Mark Green, Trump nominee to be the next Army Secretary, called transgender Americans an “evil” that must be “crushed.”
After a week of bad press, Mark Green did an about face and came out in support of LGBTQ equality in the armed forces.
GLAAD and the LGBTQ community have been successful in calling out President Trump and his administration when they have tried to erase us from our nation, but there’s still more to do. There are at least three years, nine months left of a Trump Administration. You can help hold this president and his cabinet accountable for anti-LGBTQ actions by following @GLAAD and speaking out.
Short URL: http://lgbtweekly.com/?p=79305