Official Pulse Orlando benefit album releasedEntertainment News, Online Only, Section 4A Monday, June 19th, 2017
May 4, onePULSE Foundation unveiled plans for the creation of a permanent memorial and announced the formation of a national Board of Trustees, including the establishment of a significant fund. This fund will support the construction and maintenance of the memorial, community grants to care for the survivors and victims’ families, an educational program to promote amity among all segments of society, endowed scholarships for each of the 49 victims and ultimately a museum showcasing the historic artifacts and stories from the event.
Centaur decided to produce a benefit album to help fund the onePULSE Foundation and memorial, and got the approval of Pulse owner, Barbara Poma. Centaur reached out to artists, record labels, DJs, remixxers and more to create a coalition of people and companies to donate their time, services and love to an album to achieve this goal. One hundred percent (100%) of proceeds from the sale of this album will go directly to the onePULSE Foundation.
“We wanted to send the message that we as an LGBT community, and we as a nation, can and will rise up, remember the 49 innocent angels, and return to the dance floor unafraid and with our angels by our sides,” said Nick De Biase, Centaur’s president and the album’s producer. “Love always conquers hate!”
De Biase reached out to the owner of Pulse, Barbara Poma, and the two shared a heartfelt and tearful conversation. “Centaur understood the difficult road we were traveling,” said Poma. “On behalf of our Board of Trustees, we thank everyone you for your support. This is a defining mission and healing initiative for those involved and we are grateful to find supporters who share our vision and understand the sacred responsibility to which we have been entrusted.”
The special songs on this benefit album take on a new life and an even deeper meaning when heard and listened to in light of the Pulse tragedy. DJ Randy Bettis, who helped to compile these songs, carefully crafted them into a continuous mix.
- When I’m Dreaming – Peyton (Eric Kupper Original Mix)
- Music Lifts Me Up – Dirty Disco feat. Marvel (Dirty Disco Mainroom Remix)
- One Night In Heaven – Toy Armada & DJ Grind feat. Inaya Day (Original Mix)
- Everybody’s Beautiful – Miasha (Marc Stout Club Mix)
- Rise Up – AD (Barry Harris Club Anthem Mix)
- Dreamer – Janice Robinson (Barry Harris 2016 Mix)
- Under Pressure – Glamazon (HumanJive Remix)
- I Didn’t Know My Own Strength – Savannah Love (Ronnie Maze Ext. Mix)
- This Is What U Came For – Parasol (DJ Shocker Remix)
- Over & Over Again – Nathan Sykes (Elephante Radio Mix)
- Proud – NTT (Centaur Classic Remix)
- Over the Rainbow – Tony Moran feat. Lillias White (Club Mix)
Available on www.TheOutClub.com, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport, Amazon, Google and many more!
Short URL: http://lgbtweekly.com/?p=80491