Welcome to LGBTweekly.com, home of San Diego LGBT Weekly, the only news organization that provides you in-depth analysis about our lives as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people, our politics, our culture and our world. The organization’s mission is to inform and entertain the San Diego lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. We believe there is strength in the diversity of our community and will bring you stories and content that are reflective of that diversity.
San Diego LGBT Weekly provides information to the LGBT community in print every other Thursday and daily at LGBTweekly.com. Why? It is important to address, express and deliver on the desires and needs of our readership. Many in our audience prefer the immediate updates provided through our Web site, our Twitter account, our Facebook pages and our mobile applications. Many others prefer to curl up with one of our bi-weekly issues of our print newsmagazine, where they often find even more in- depth analysis, as well as easy-glance summaries of everything that is important to the LGBT community.
San Diego LGBT Weekly is proud to have received 47 Excellence in Journalism Awards from the San Diego Press Club in the last five years. As the pre-eminent San Diego source for news, commentary and entertainment for the LGBT community, we will continue to provide our readers with award-winning content through our print publication, San Diego LGBT Weekly and through our online portal at LGBTweekly.com.
We also offer the LGBTweekly-Pride Card. The Pride Card is an affinity card that offers special discounts to cardholders from a diverse range of businesses including coffee shops, bars and restaurants to hotels, pet stores and health and fitness oulets and everything in between.
The LGBT Weekly-Pride Card is also available as an app for Android and iPhone. The app tells you exactly what’s going on in the LGBT community around you, wherever you are in Greater San Diego, based upon your location-enabled mobile device.
Visit thepridecard.com for participating businesses, offers and locations where you can get your free Pride Card.
We thank you for your support and welcome your comments at email@example.com.
1850 FIFTH AVE., SUITE 25
SAN DIEGO, CA 92101
Policy on Comments posted on LGBTweekly.com
LGBT Weekly adheres to the following guidelines regarding comments that all commenters are required to follow:
- Do keep your messages on topic for the post to which you are responding
- Do refer to people by their gender expression and identity
- Do show mutual respect
- Do not post hate speech directed at a particular race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability
- Do not post obscene, indecent, profane, defamatory material or any material that would constitute a criminal offense or otherwise violate any local, state or federal law
- Do not engage in personal attacks on private individuals
- Do not attempt to impersonate others or use multiple account nicknames in the discussion
- Do not post advertisements
- Do not post your, or anyone else’s, personal contact information including telephone number, street address or email address
- Do not post anything that would encourage illegal activities or threaten the health or safety of an individual
LGBT Weekly reserves the right to remove any comment of its choosing but strives to have an open forum for discussions on all manner of topics. Therefore, we strive to keep editing to a minimum.
Please notify LGBT Weekly immediately of any concern you may have over posted comments.